What is the California Dream Ride?
- Our 2021 Dream Ride events will bring the spirit and energy of the annual California Dream Ride right to your front door. Join us and come together with your bicycling community online to inspire and motivate each other, and to share the joy of bicycling in a brand-new way. Over 3 events in 2021, enjoy self-guide bicycle scavenger hunts, riding and fundraising challenges, and online meet-ups as we raise money and awareness to support CalBike’s work.
What is the difference between the Dream Ride Experiences and the Dream Ride Challenge?
- Dream Ride Experiences are weekend events featuring self-guided bicycle scavenger hunts designed to get you out riding in your own neck of the woods and engaging with your bicycle community. Discover your local community, take part in bicycle advocacy activities, and meet up online during these exciting weekend-long events. In October, we’ll host the Dream Ride Challenge, 10-days of deep community building, connection and bicycling and fundraising challenges. The program will include self-guided rides, virtual events, meet and greets with movers and shakers of the biking community, special guests, and exceptional giveaways.
When are this year’s Dream Ride events happening?
- Dream Ride Experiences will occur in June and August 2021. The 10-day Dream Ride Challenge will occur in October 2021
How do I register for Dream Ride events?
- Join CalBike’s mailing list to stay up to date on all Dream Ride event news, including upcoming date announcements.
How do I participate in Dream Ride events?
- Participating in Dream Ride events is simple. Build your own Dream Ride route, wherever you are, ride on your own time, and raise funds and awareness for CalBike’s work in 2021 and beyond. These events will challenge you to get out and ride your bike, and take on additional fundraising challenges and fun bicycle-related activities. You’ll be able to report your miles, track your progress on our Leaderboard, and come together online throughout the event to connect and share with fellow riders. Best of all, you’ll be raising money to make California’s communities healthier, stronger, and more equitable—through bicycling! In 2020 Dream Riders raised over $22,000 for CalBike!
How do I fundraise to support CalBike during Dream Ride events?
- When you register for a Dream Ride event, you’ll have the option to build a personal fundraising page on MightyCause. The simple set-up will ask for your photo and bio to kick start your Dream Ride fundraising season. Fundraise (or simply donate if you prefer) to support CalBike’s work to promote healthy, sustainable transportation. For more information and resources to help you reach your fundraising goals, click here.
Are there prizes for fundraisers?
- YES – we’ve got great perks and prizes for fundraisers!
- Rider: $25 Receive a CalBike one-year membership and a sticker in the mail
- Supporter: $200 Receive a jersey and one-year CalBike membership
- Patron: $500 Premium invitations to conversations (remote) with special guests, shout out on social media, jersey and one-year CalBike membership
- Partner: $2750 Premium invitations to conversations (remote) with special guests, shout out on social media, jersey, one-year CalBike membership, special recognition at event, and special catered virtual lunch with other partners and CalBike staff.
- Corporate Sponsor: $5000 Premium invitations to conversations (remote) with special guests, shout out on social media jersey, one-year CalBike membership, special recognition at event, and special catered virtual lunch with other partners and CalBike staff.
What will the funds I raise support?
- The money you raise by participating in California Dream Ride events will support the California Bicycle Coalition’s work to make California a more bike-friendly state. Learn more…