Crash Help & Legal Resources
Have you been involved in a crash with a car? Got a ticket? What resources do you have? Who can help? If you have been involved in a crash with a car or on your own, you have all the same rights as a motorist would.
What to do immediately after an accident:
- Take a deep breath and regain your calm. You’ll be full of adrenaline, but check yourself for injuries & seek medical help if you have any doubts.
- Call 911 to get the police to come.
- Tell the driver to stay. If they won’t, get a description of car and the license plate. Take pictures if you can.
- Get the name and contact information of witnesses. Ask them to stay until the police come if they can.
- Exercise your right against self-incrimination; don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault.
- Remain at the scene until police arrive and request the officer files a report and request a copy.
- Call an attorney – some are listed below.
Here are some bicycle-friendly lawyers who can help:.!
Max Draitser, Southern California Bicycle Attorneys phone: 310-357-3645 email: max@bikelawLA.com
Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego counties:
SF Bay Area:
Law Office of Daniel H. Rose, Bay Area Bicycle Lawyers phone: 1-415-946-8900 email: email@example.com
Help the lawyers help you:
- Take good photos of your injuries and of your bike.
- Contact the witnesses and ask them to email you a description of what they saw while it’s fresh in their minds.
- Email yourself a description of what happened while it’s fresh in your mind.