CAREERS AT CALBIKE
The California Bicycle Coalition is looking for an experienced administrative assistant to help our hard-working remotely-based team stay organized and efficient. CalBike advocates for equitable, inclusive, and prosperous communities where bicycling helps to enable all Californians to lead healthy and joyful lives.
We work with state agencies to improve their practices and policies. We build political power from the grassroots to strengthen our collective voices. We are committed to equity, working best when we succeed at the intersection of bicycle advocacy and social justice. In 2021, we are winning subsidies to help people buy e-bikes, increase funding for safe bicycling infrastructure, and advancing equitable access to shared micromobility.
We need a team member with great technical and interpersonal communication skills. We are a team of 6-7 people, mostly based in the Bay Area, but have staff and key consultants all over the state. We each work from home, with weekly meetings in person for the staff in Oakland, and monthly meetings for the statewide staff.
Responsibilities and Skills Required
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency with all of the responsibilities and skills listed below.
- Manage our remote collaboration tools. We use Slack, Asana, and the Google Workplace Suite: Drive, Docs, Mail, Calendar, Groups, Meet, and Voice.
- Organize and reorganize these tools to respond to the team’s needs.
- Maintain our organizational memberships and registrations
- Support staff with their software needs
- Order supplies as necessary
- Be extremely reliable following through on tasks
- Monitor general incoming calls and emails and route or respond appropriately
- Organize CalBike team online and in-person meeting calendar
- Update records in our Salesforce database
- Document editing and preparation
- Coordinate schedules, meetings and travel logistics, as needed
- Clear communication ability. Be a clear speaker and a good listener.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Access to reliable, high-speed internet
This position pays $25-$35 hour, depending upon qualifications, for an average of 20 hours per week. Partial benefits are provided.
Only applications that follow these instructions precisely will be considered:
Send a single PDF that includes both your cover letter and your résumé in an email to email@example.com. Use a subject line that includes the job title, “Administrative Assistant,” and your name.
CalBike provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, mental or physical disability, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.