CONNECTING: California Bicycle Summit
In-Person April 6-9, 2022 Oakland
Oakland, CA – The California Bicycle Summit (one of the nation’s leading bicycle-advocacy conferences) returns this year as an in-person and on-wheels event. The 3-day Summit will be held in Uptown Oakland, April 6-9, 2022.
The California Bicycle Summit draws advocates, city officials, planners, and everyday Californians who want to strengthen and grow the movement for sustainable transportation.
“For 2022, we have prepared a fantastic program in a gorgeous venue, with a jam-packed schedule of expert presentations, plenary sessions, parties, demos, bike tours, and plenty of space and time to connect, make new friends, and catch up with old ones,” said Dave Snyder, executive director of CalBike.
The California Bicycle Summit is a can’t-miss event for people who care about biking. It connects people who are passionate about creating sustainable transportation options for all Californians to share ideas, inspiration, and practical solutions to create safer streets.
CONNECTING: California Bike Summit 2022
Speakers at the 2022 California Bicycle Summit will include community activists, California decision-makers, bicycle advocates, industry leaders, and planners designing the next generation of safer streets. They will present more than 30 exciting breakout sessions on a wide range of topics, including:
- The promise and reality of Caltrans shift to support active transportation
- Success stories of intersectional bike advocacy
- Access to biking for people with disabilities
- Two design symposia where engineers and planners will share cutting edge street designs
- Accounts from the leaders of ride-outs, the grassroots biking events spreading across the country
- The importance of community bike shops: how to make them excellent, how to support them
- Black and POC-rooted solutions for mobility and empowerment
- The still-growing impact of e-bikes
- The intersections of active transportation with housing policy and climate action
- Reports from Finland, Latin America, and across California about how to improve bicycle mode share
The Summit will also include bike rides and social events:
- Tours of infrastructure in the East Bay and San Francisco, including visiting the state’s only edge lane road
- Visits to outstanding community bike shops
- Recreational rides on the Bay Area’s beautiful backroads
- A chance to join the famous and fabulous East Bay Bike Party, a rolling celebration of biking, music, and dancing that takes place every second Friday
- A movie night featuring California’s best bike-themed short films
Summit Agenda and registration here: calbike.org/summit
The Summit will be held in beautiful Uptown Oakland. Plenary sessions will be in the gorgeous 1926 art deco California Ballroom; the breakout sessions venue is the OakStop, a top-notch locally- and Black-owned event center. Telegraph Avenue, in front of the venue, will be closed to cars and open for socializing during the Summit.
CalBike advocates for equitable, inclusive, and prosperous communities where bicycling helps to enable all Californians to lead healthy and joyful lives.