Have you been involved in a crash with a car? Got a ticket? What resources do you have? Who can help? If you have been involved in a crash with a car or on your own, you have all the same rights as a motorist would.
What to do immediately after an accident:
- Take a deep breath and regain your calm. You'll be full of adrenaline, but check yourself for injuries & seek medical help if you have any doubts.
- Call 911 to get the police to come.
- Tell the driver to stay. If they won't, get a description of car and the license plate. Take pictures if you can.
- Get the name and contact information of witnesses. Ask them to stay until the police come if they can.
- Exercise your right against self-incrimination; don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault.
- Remain at the scene until police arrive and request the officer files a report and request a copy.
- Call an attorney - some are listed below.
Here are some bicycle-friendly lawyers who can help:
Joshua C. Cohen, Cohen Law Partners phone: 323-937-7105 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Pocrass, Pocrass & De Los Reyes LLP phone: 310-550-9050 email: email@example.com
Steven M. Sweat, APC - Bike Lawyers phone: 323-944-0993 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Panish, Shea, & Boyle, LLP phone: 888-498-6487 email: email@example.com
Max Draitser, Southern California Bicycle Attorneys phone: 310-357-3645 email: max@bikelawLA.com
Citywide Law Group phone: 424-248-2700 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joshua W. Glotzer, APC phone: 213-309-3050 email: email@example.com
Hassell Law Group phone: 831-508-8819 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiles and Wiles, Attorneys at Law phone:831-426-3140 email: email@example.com
Nehora Law Firm, Orange County Personal Injury Lawyers phone: 949-629-4349
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys phone: 800-561-4887 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego counties:
Estey & Bomberger, LLP phone: 619-295-0035 email: email@example.com
SF Bay Area:
Michael Stephenson, Bay Area Bike Law phone: 1-866-Bicycle-Law email: info@BayAreaBicycleLaw.com
Emison Hullverson, LLP phone: 415-434-2111 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sally Morin Law Firm phone: 415-413-0033 email: email@example.com
Claude Wyle and George Choulos, Bicycle attorneys phone: 415-474-7800 email: CWyle@ccwlawyers.com
GJEL Associates toll-free phone: 1-866-218-3776 email: firstname.lastname@example.org (SF location)
The Appel Law Firm LLP phone: 925-938-2000
Law Office of Daniel H. Rose, Bay Area Bicycle Lawyers 1-415-946-8900. email@example.com
The Zinn Law Firm phone: 415 292-4100 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hassell Law Group phone: 415-334-4111 email: email@example.com
Help the lawyers help you:
- Take good photos of your injuries and of your bike.
- Contact the witnesses and ask them to email you a description of what they saw while it's fresh in their minds.
- Email yourself a description of what happened while it's fresh in your mind.