Have you been involved in a crash with a car? Got a ticket? What resources do you have? Who can help? If you have been involved in a crash with a car or on your own, you have all the same rights as a motorist would.
What to do immediately after an accident:
- Take a deep breath and regain your calm. You'll be full of adrenaline, but check yourself for injuries & seek medical help if you have any doubts.
- Call 911 to get the police to come.
- Tell the driver to stay. If they won't, get a description of car and the license plate. Take pictures if you can.
- Get the name and contact information of witnesses. Ask them to stay until the police come if they can.
- Exercise your right against self-incrimination; don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault.
- Remain at the scene until police arrive and request the officer files a report and request a copy.
- Call an attorney - some are listed below.
Here are some bicycle-friendly lawyers who can help:
Joshua C. Cohen phone: 323-937-7105 email: email@example.com
Jim Pocrass, Pocrass & De Los Reyes LLP phone: 310-550-9050 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ehline Law Firm, PC phone: 213-596-9642 email: email@example.com
Steven M. Sweat, APC phone: 323-944-0993 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Brustin toll-free phone:800-841-2453
Joshua W. Glotzer, APC phone: 213-309-3050 email: email@example.com
Citywide Law Group phone: 424-248-2700 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Panish, Shea, & Boyle, LLP phone: 877-800-1700 email: email@example.com
Wiles and Wiles, Attorneys at Law phone:831-426-3140 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nehora Law Firm, Orange County Personal Injury Lawyers phone: 949-629-4349
David Huntsman phone: 949-610-4262
Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego counties:
Matthew T. Poelstra, Bike Tiger Law phone: 844-BIKE-TIGER (toll free) or 760-346-9310 email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Green, Bryant & French, LLP phone: 619-239-7900 (San Diego County), 760-346-9310 (Riverside County), 866-342-3529 (Toll-Free)
SF Bay Area:
Michael Stephenson, Bay Area Bike Law phone: 1-866-Bicycle-Law email: info@BayAreaBicycleLaw.com
Dolan Law Firm, San Francisco Bay Area Bicycle Crash Attorneys phone: 888-545-9519 email: email@example.com
Emison Hullverson, LLP phone: 415-434-2111 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Claude Wyle and George Choulos, Bicycle attorneys phone: 415-474-7800 email: CWyle@ccwlawyers.com
The Appel Law Firm LLP phone: 925-938-2000
Law Office of Daniel H. Rose, Bay Area Bicycle Lawyers 1-415-946-8900. email@example.com
GJEL Associates toll-free phone: 1-866-218-3776 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Brustin toll-free phone:1-800-841-2453
Sterns & Walker phone: (510) 267-0500 email: email@example.com
Help the lawyers help you:
- Take good photos of your injuries and of your bike.
- Contact the witnesses and ask them to email you a description of what they saw while it's fresh in their minds.
- Email yourself a description of what happened while it's fresh in your mind.