While you’re giving thanks this holiday, consider hosting a Facebook fundraiser to support CalBike on #GivingTuesday.
Why host a Facebook fundraiser today instead of tomorrow or next month?
On November 27, 2018, nonprofits using Facebook to fundraise pay no fee—100% of gifts will go directly to CalBike, and Facebook will match all contributions up to $7 million. That match isn’t all for us, but we’d love for supporters to take advantage of this great opportunity by:
To add a donate button to your post, click What’s on your mind? on your News Feed or timeline and then follow one of these options:
- Tag the nonprofit, click Post and then click Add Button to confirm that you want to add a donate button.
- Click Feeling/Activity and scroll down to click Supporting. Select a nonprofit, click Post and then click Add Button to confirm that you want to add the donate button to your post.
Watch this short video tutorial on adding buttons
Alternatively, host a fundraiser
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit/Charity.
- Select a charitable organization, choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details.
- Click Create.
Watch this short video tutorial to help set up your campaign
We hope #GivingTuesday is a chance for you to tell your friends how important biking is to you (and how much you save on gas by pedaling to the grocery store!)
Happy Thanksgiving and see you in the bike lane,