You know how to stop or turn quickly when another roadway user makes a hazardous mistake.
How You Do It
Knowing the early warning signs:
You watch for clues that a collision might be about to happen, such as:
- A motorist passes you on the left and makes a right turn across your path.
- A stopped or slow-moving car makes a right turn across your path just as you pass it on the right.
- A motorist on a cross street makes a right turn into your path as you cross the intersection.
- A motorist heading toward you in the opposite lane makes a left turn across your path.
- Someone in a parked car opens a door into your path.
Avoiding the collision:
You learn and practice how to stop quickly and turn sharply yet safely:
- You’re able to use these techniques in potential collision situations.