Job Description: Membership Manager (Oakland)
The California Bicycle Coalition is seeking an experienced, well-organized, self-starting Membership Manager to grow our membership program. This new, full-time, exempt position is based at our headquarters in Jack London Square, and will report to the Development Director. This position will provide an opportunity to contribute to a vital organization in a fun and collaborative work environment.
About the California Bicycle Coalition (CalBike)
The California Bicycle Coalition is California’s state-level bicycling advocacy organization, working to enable more people to ride bicycles for healthier, safer, and more prosperous communities for all. CalBike partners with local bicycle advocacy organizations across the state and with state-level partners in affordable housing, environmental justice, transportation justice, and livable cities.
Job Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Build individual donor/membership program and mailing list:
- Write and send regular paper and email appeals to our list
- Help create robust multi-channel fundraising campaigns
- Use action alerts and petitions to build Facebook engagement and email list signups
Introduce new strategies for membership-building
- Member database management
- Problem-solve members’ questions and issues
- Assist with donor/prospect research
- Track and analyze results and recommend and implement improvements
- Build and implement donor stewardship systems (including thank you letters and calls)
You are committed to the California Bicycle Coalition’s mission and work. You are also:
- An experienced professional with a proven track record of membership recruitment and retention and experience with donor/member stewardship and relationship-building
- Knowledgeable about different membership models and recruitment strategies
- Proficient in CRM systems, including data entry, data manipulation, building queries, and report generation
- A positive person with great verbal and written communication skills
- Tech-savvy, particularly with social media platforms
- Excellent at creating fundraising appeals and clickable content to drive list-building
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Experienced with ActionSprout or similar platforms (preferred)
This position is full time and based in our Oakland office. Salary range is $50,000 to $60,000. Benefits include paid time off; health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA account, and bike commuter benefit.
CalBike provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, mental or physical disability, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample in a single PDF document, with subject line including job title and your full name, to email@example.com. The cover letter should address the listed skills. Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.