Caltrans’ call for class IV survey responses
From: Craggs, Timothy L@DOT
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:33 PM
Subject: Class IV Bikeway Summit Survey – PLEASE FORWARD to external transportation partners and stakeholders; RESPONSES REQUESTED by C.O.B. on Monday April 27, 2015
The Protected Bikeways Act of 2014 (Assembly Bill 1193 – Ting, Chapter 495) requires the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), in cooperation with local agencies and in consultation with the existing advisory committee of the department dedicated to improve access for persons with disabilities, to establish minimum safety design criteria for Class IV Bikeways, also referred to as cycle tracks or separated bikeways. A Class IV Bikeway Summit will be held on Wednesday May 27, 2015 in Sacramento. The Summit will be an all-day event to gather input from a wide cross-section of our external transportation partners and stakeholders interested in improving transportation in California. The purpose and goal for the Summit is to obtain preliminary input to help identify pertinent issues, concerns and recommendations relative to content, style and format of the design and traffic operations guidance which is to be published by January 1, 2016.
In order to gather input to further develop the Summit and to obtain interest in attendance, a survey has been developed for wide distribution to our external transportation partners and stakeholders.
Please forward this survey via email, with a cc to me, to external transportation partners and stakeholders for which your district/functional unit is the lead contact; such as, but not exclusive to:
- Active Transportation and Livable Communities (ATLC)
- District Advisory Committees for Bicycles, Pedestrians, and ADA
- California Bicycle Advisory Committee (CBAC)
- California Pedestrian Advisory Committee (CalPed)
- League of California Cities · County Engineers Association of California (CEAC)
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs)
- Regional Transportation Planning Agencies (RTPAs)
- Rural Counties Task Force
- California Transportation Cooperation Committee
- California Traffic Control Devices Committee (CTCDC)
- Caltrans Access Advisory Committee (CtAAC)
- California Transit Association
- California Association for Coordinated Transportation (CalACT)
- Native American Advisory Committee (NAAC)
Your assistance in distributing this survey in a timely manner to the appropriate Chairpersons/Leader of the committees/groups listed above for their further distribution will help Caltrans gain a better understanding of the issues and topics related to the development and publishing of Class IV Bikeway guidance. Here is a link to the survey:
Responses to the survey are requested by the close of business on Monday April 27, 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Herritt, Chief, Office of Standards and Procedures, Division of Design at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 916-653-0253.
I appreciate and value your time and expertise, and thank you for helping distribute this survey!
Timothy Craggs, Chief
Caltrans Division of Design