Make a Difference: Caltrans Bicycle Advisory Committee is Accepting Applications
Bicycling enthusiasts in the Bay Area should consider applying for Caltrans’ Bicycle Advisory Committee (BAC) District 4.
The goals of the group are as follows:
- Improve bicycle safety and access on and across Caltrans facilities.
- Decrease bicycle fatalities and injuries.
- Enhance awareness and educate Caltrans staff, city/county agencies, and the public on the needs of bicyclists.
- Provide input on Caltrans projects with regard to bicycle transportation.
- Increase bicycle mode share.
Applicants must either reside or work in the nine-county Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma County), but must not work for a congestion management agency or for Caltrans. Members with long travel distances will have the option of participating by phone, although in-person attendance is encouraged. Members serve a two-year term beginning in July 2014. Meetings will occur quarterly (July, Oct, etc) and are held on the third Wednesday of the month from 1:30 to 3:30.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, JUNE 27. For more information and to apply, click here.